rashbre central: why is a raven like a writing desk?

Thursday 25 October 2012

why is a raven like a writing desk?

mad hatter pub
Oh dear. I received the email for NaNoWriMo yesterday. National Novel Writing Month. It turns out that there's a meeting in London at the Mad Hatter. On Saturday. I'm already doing something just around the corner near Lavington Street, so it's about a five minute walk away.

Aside from failed projects, I've got a couple of drafts at a 75% and 50% complete status, so I'm wondering if I really need another partial project at the moment.

It would be so much more sensible to finish the ones that are already underway.

But I have a few new ideas that I could make into something.

I even logged into the NaNoWriMo site today and updated my info. It said I've been a member for 7 years now. And that I've finished 4 times.

I feel that the tractor beam has somehow been switched on again and I am being sucked towards the door of the Mad Hatter.

It's only 1667 words a day to reach 50,000 words in November.

There. That was about 250 words. And I didn't even mention the weather.

Mad Hatter: “Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”
“Have you guessed the riddle yet?” the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.
“No, I give it up,” Alice replied: “What’s the answer?”
“I haven’t the slightest idea,” said the Hatter

2 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I've stopped there! It was a few years ago now though.

rashbre said...

Nikki-ann Strangely enough, I used to work quite close to here but don't think I ever went to this pub. Although I did used to occasionally pop into the similar Barrowboy and Banker.