rashbre central: black cab music for when the bandages come off

Thursday 18 October 2012

black cab music for when the bandages come off

afp and the grand theft orchestra
It's on my list of things to do. Getting the recent Amanda Palmer album.

I heard it a couple of weeks ago. I've held the album, but not my own copy yet. This is one of the ones where I'd buy a physical copy, rather than just a download.

So my surprise to be in a black cab when the cabby switched on the radio and there was a new track from the album being performed live.

Not the typical cab soundtrack, but one that lasted for more or less the whole journey.

And in my mind a whole lot longer.

Here's the vid from the album launch party - it gives an impression of an evening with Amanda.

Amanda's set with the Grand Theft Orchestra starts at about 15:00. For a quick look try around 33:12 where the band all swap around during "Missed Me". Or better still watch the full 2h35.

No comments: