rashbre central: feet held to flames to put mudguards on winter bike

Sunday 28 October 2012

feet held to flames to put mudguards on winter bike

holding my feet to the fire to put the mudguards on the bike
The classic procrastination situation faced me today. I'd been getting the orange bike ready for the cooler months and was well ahead of the plan until time to fit the mudguards.

I did order a set - all £9.99 worth - and they've now arrived.

As has yesterday's tiny amount of snow.

And today's white roof frost.

To the extent that I'm sitting in front of the fire warming my toes. A small confession that yesterday I walked past that builders' supply place near Borough Market and they had those 'keep toasty' type leggings and arm warmers in the window. I nearly bought some.

Instead I will be doing that biking activity known as 'faffing' later today as I finish the winterisation (?) of the orange bike.

Must.Get.Away.From.Fire.

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Ha! I have been procrastinating what I call the summer-winter switch out (in April-May it is the winter-summer switch out) when I swap the clothes in my closet and dresser with the clothes stored away in the suitcases under my bed. I have been wearing interesting summer layers, but today I have complete the switch out!

Pat said...

What an elegant fireplace. You'll get chilblains!

rashbre said...

Ellie Not so much a switch out here - more a progressive re-layering. I must admit to wearing a proper overcoat when visiting offices in London earlier n the week.

Pat Thank you for the fireplace comment although I don't think my feet were really that cold!