rashbre central: lazy hazy grey sunday

Sunday 21 October 2012

lazy hazy grey sunday

burnt edges
A lazy Sunday, although this evening I will have some work prep ready for tomorrow. At least I'm not packing bags and driving somewhere on Sunday evening, although I have a feeling I may need to next weekend.

So today has been a gentle day, with a few home chores, a visit to the supermarket because we forgot to hit enter on the Ocado list, and a bike ride.

I'm into the last 200 miles of my revised target for 2012 now. I originally set it at 1,800. Then 3,000 (which constitutes my 'silver medal') and finally 4,000 miles, which I'll call a gold. I'm planning to use a chocolate wagon wheel to get that Olympic size.

I've realised that using targets is quite important to the process and acts as a bit of a spur. I originally set my targets back in January and have been keeping an eye on them as the year unfolds. The fancy telemetry on the bike also helps by offloading the numbers to various software. There were some dips like when I was in the USA and when I was trekking around Europe. Also the great bathroom project in March impacted progress. The so-called music room project looms and may also create a further blip.

Despite it all, I somehow managed around 800 miles back in September, which was a combination of hitting the 3k and then getting moving towards the 4k.

Of course it would be madness to attempt 5k by the end of the year. I still need to get the mudguards for the orange bike.
training peaks stats YTD

No comments: