rashbre central: drinking machu picchu coffee can't fully explain the speed of this week

Thursday 11 October 2012

drinking machu picchu coffee can't fully explain the speed of this week

machu picchu
This week has been zinging by. I've only had local travel and even had some reschedules, so I'm not quite sure why its going by so fast.

I'm wondering if its the coffee I've been drinking. I chanced upon a stash of Peruvian Machu Picchu a few days ago - on unexplained special offer in a local supermarket.

The real deal, French-style roasted beans waiting to be ground. Mysteriously on special offer, so I gave them a try.

One of those moments when you know they are going to be brilliant. Like Pacific oysters bursting with wild sea from Elliott's in Seattle, or vintage Champagne from Castellane in Epernay, you just know it's going to be great.

A handful of the beans gives an aroma of high mountain slopes, mist and rain. You can just sense the terrain of the Incas.

Then as it's ground there's a further aroma like chocolate, but still underpinned with a kind of wild damp mountainside.

Of course, you have to actually make it into coffee and drink it.

A fabulous simple pleasure.

Maybe that's why my week has been spinning past so quickly?
Untitled

No comments: