rashbre central: red shoulders

Friday 1 March 2019

red shoulders

I've spent a part of the day lazing in the pool, looking towards the blue skies. A few fluffy clouds and every so often a hawk or two, wheeling through the sky.

I've decided they are red shouldered hawks. They seem to have the right plumage and should be a relatively common, yet interesting, raptor around these parts.

I've seen them dive too, fast but controlled. One of them swooped in for some close contact with something at a house a couple of doors along. Interesting that as it did so a chorus of smaller birds could be heard.

I've no idea of the outcome, although I suspect it was bad news for one of the lesser inhabitants.

The floating in the sunshine means that I've also adopted similar red shoulders, although I've been using the SPF30.

No comments: