rashbre central: busted flush

Tuesday 12 March 2019

busted flush


Dear Editor,

My friend is near the end of a card game and about to bet the farm on a busted flush. Is this wise? What could the next move be after this hand has been played?

Yours, TM

ps this is the hand.

Dear TM,

I think your friend may be exaggerating their hand. I suspect it is more like the one I illustrate?

If so then maybe take up a different occupation.

The card hand is too much like the one Wild Bill Hickok was playing at the time of his demise. Dead Man's Hand, I think they call it.

Yours, Editor

Dear Editor,

Thank you for the advice.

I now look at my friend's cards more closely and realise they were not quite as I explained.

The actual cards are shown below. Is this any better?

Yours, TM

Dear TM,

No.

Yours, Editor.

No comments: