rashbre central: well travelled lens

Thursday 29 August 2019

well travelled lens


I've been mainly using my iPhone for photography recently, although a couple time I had to take cameras, lenses and lights along.

One was at a local museum, where I'd been volunteered to snap an exhibit.

Then, a first.

My Olympus 17mm F1.8 lens suddenly stopped working. A digital lens, akin to 34mm in 35mm SLR terms, it is computerised and servo-operated and I could tell that it was something that I'd not be able to fix. I did try re-loading the firmware and swapping it onto a couple of different camera bodies, but the lens was completely dead.

Time to check the warranty and send it back to the manufacturers. Bubble pack and auto-printed mailing slip and off it went, initially to Southend-on-Sea, but then to Spain, where Licinia carefully replaced the iris. Now it's back and 'as good as new'. Reassuring to know that the service was as effortless as this.

No comments: