rashbre central: internet sparks

Friday 3 August 2007

internet sparks

sparks.jpg
I've swapped internet providers!

Something not usually for the faint of heart, what with the need to get MAC codes and all. I arranged for the swap to be done whilst I was on vacation, with a view to giving enough lead time for the new arrangements to be made and then a day for the new codes to be delivered when I returned.

And everything actually went to plan.

The old service was still working the day I returned and then at 23:00 (late enough) it stopped working.

Today, the new gadgets arrived, along with the codes needed to activate the service. I keyed in the new codes to my existing setup and zippee the whole thing has started working as before, but twice as fast and at around 60% of the old cost. Well worth the crossed fingers.

No comments: