rashbre central: midwinter on a sunny beach

Friday 21 December 2012

midwinter on a sunny beach

Seaside on shortest day
It's the shortest day today and I suppose it's also midwinter.

After my early morning work phone calls finished, I could have taken some time out for shopping. Maybe a shopping centre, a mall or even a supermarket?

The weather was suggesting an alternative. Despite all of the recent rain, there was a blue sky of the kind you see in watercolour paintings.

Why not a visit to the beach?

So we did.

4 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds and looks, LOVELY! I read elsewhere that it was a BEAUTIFUL day in The U.K. It sure looks like it to me...! What a wonderful thing for you to do....Take advantage of the Blue Skies and The Beautiful Sun!

Anonymous said...

Lovely. We'd planned to go to the beach on Friday but the weather our way was dismal. So we stayed in and mulled some wine, warmed some mince pies and shared it all with our resident builders.

Debra

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Lovely! I haven't been to the seaside for some time now and we had considered a trip after Christmas dinner, but the road is currently flooded to our nearest seaside town/village and I'm not feeling 100%, so I doubt we'll be going.

rashbre said...

Naomi Yes, despite the forecasts of rain, it was surprisingly sunny, only a few miles from the areas that have been heavily flooded.

DebraEven the trip through the New Forest on the way had roads blocked and closed to the sides of our route.

Lady Banana I'd sort of forgotten about the Mayan End of Days on the way though, and fortunately we found the beach was still present.

Nikki-ann You have had more than your share of it recently with floods, falling trees, dented cars and illness. I'm trusting all will be better for the upcoming festivities.