rashbre central: Kindle Scribe and authors

Friday 12 July 2024

Kindle Scribe and authors

 

One of the things I noticed at SPS was the number of note-takers using technology. I have used my iPhone for some time and usually open an Evernote page into which I tip bullet points. 

The challenges with full internet connected technology are the interruptions. Too many bleeps and bumps.

Then I realised that the Kindle way could be useful, especially for reviewing my work. I grabbed a Kindle Scribe, which has access to my entire Kindle library and can download entire PDFs of my Work In Progress. Then I can  flip through it, fast and uninterrupted, and hand annotate corrections in much the way of pencil and paper.

I spent a two-hour train ride with one of my older novels performing an 'upgrade' simply using pencil and paper, on the Scribe.

Yes, I'm repackaging many of my novels as part of my marketing push, during which I'll be attempting some new techniques.

I'll have to do a post about the software I use during editing etc.

No comments: