rashbre central: Passengers

Thursday 25 July 2024

Passengers


Our fellow passengers were such an interesting part of the journey. The first evening at dinner, we sat next to some American women, who kind of blanked us. I know, our 2:2:2 tables were set about 15 cm apart, to give distance, but nonetheless. 

Then I realised we'd got a 'Red Card' mentality and needed to think like seasoned travellers. So from then on, we sat at the larger tables and could commune with the other passengers. 

It came as a great surprise that we were almost the only 'newbies'. I casually asked the people next to me how many cruises they had been on and they replied '8'. Then the people the other side of me said '23'. Okay. 

And the stories were always so fascinating too. One couple we met had decanted their lives into a truck and trailer and were now either in their caravan or else they were on the road. 

Their blog shows this combo, but I have a feeling they updated it to the similar setup below, based upon their fun business card.


And their extensive blog is here.

It was interesting because we have travelled several of their routes, both in the USA and also in Europe, but in our case we've not 'cut loose' in the way that they have. Long may they continue.

Another day we sat with one of the on-board workshoppers, who was providing art classes. And I even attended the creative writing/publishing sessions in the Planetarium. And a chance encounter with another traveller has given me a major boost in my knowledge of Greek stories.

Then there was Mr Tamborine Man - Roger McGuinn. I think I'll save that for another day.

No comments: