rashbre central: Sparkle

Thursday 9 February 2023

Sparkle

Sometimes you have to be in the game to feel it.

 I took some shares in Tesla when they were quite low. Like I did with Apple, when I decided to invest to see if I could raise the money to buy a new Mac computer (I did). 

 This time, with Tesla, I'm not sure if I can raise the money to buy a new car, but it is still interesting to see how the shares have climbed back up. 45% in a month beats current interest rates. 

 By comparison with my sparkling bet on a positive future, there are also the dubious hedge funds and shorting practises. These dark people bet that a share will do worse in the short term and that they can profit from the misfortune. They bet on failure. I think of it as immoral wealth destruction. 

I sense another novel with this as a sub-plot - maybe after Artificial. 

 Intriguing to see how many, say, MP business and MP Pension funds include an element of hedging.

No comments: