rashbre central: useful zoom backgrounds

Thursday 26 March 2020

useful zoom backgrounds


A modest sport in these days of Video conferences is to have the best backgrounds. I know it sounds like slackers' work, but I can't help noticing good images that drop into my inbox and are ideal for creating a background. The one of the Economist's office (shown above) is a good example. Here's a version with me sitting in it.

Instead of everyone being able to see my usual work environment, they can see this rather sleek-looking deserted office. Then there's a couple of room suggestions, which came in a John Lewis mailshot. Instead of buying all the furniture and reconfiguring everything, why not fake it with a good background?

It can look respectable enough, and one doesn't have to let on either.

Then there's the more urgent looking office, you know, the one stuffed with paper. This is particularly effective with routine office dwellers who are slightly self-conscious of their own mess, and can make them feel that they are not the most untidy kid on the block.

I like to have a background reminiscent of the area where I live too, so this one can do for that purpose. It's from the other side of the river, by the passenger ferry.

Then the ever-important London one. Suitable fake with the Elizabeth Tower unscaffolded.

And I like to have a real one of my office, except it is deliberately blurred to give a sense of depth.

And maybe a moody dark one from a different angle to confuse everyone. These last two have the advantage that someone can walk into the real room but be undetectable.

And something for when in a busy VTC and need to get attention:

But I think we can all get the idea, and it does brighten up the videocommute.




No comments: