rashbre central: right royal news deflection

Monday 13 January 2020

right royal news deflection


News deflection apparatus
We're all re-reading 1984 as our next dystopian book-club novel. Bury news with a royal story.

Here's some adapted Regina.

Do you remember the time when the Withdrawal Bill was stopped by Parliament?
Hey, remember that time we decided the government was wrong?
Hey, remember that time when my favorite colors were pink and green?
Hey, remember that month when I only ate boxes of tangerines?
So cheap and juicy

Hey, remember that time when I would only read politics?
Hey, remember that other time when I would only read Paradise Papers?
Hey, remember that time we tried to save the country with a broken thing?
A fat cat got it by morning, and we had to bury pieces of its freedom in the Parliament building
I thought I was going to be sick

Hey, remember that time when I would only smoke Parliaments?
Hey, remember that time when I would only smoke Marlboros?
Hey, remember that time when I would only smoke Camels?
Hey, remember that time when I was broke?

I didn't care; I just bummed from my friends
Bum, ber-bum ber-bum, bum.


Hey, remember that time when she tried destroy the country?
Hey, remember that other time when he tried it for the second time?
Well, in the waiting room while waiting for news of you
I hallucinated I could read your mind
And I was on a lot of it too, but what I saw, man, I tell you it was freaky




No comments: