rashbre central: evolution

Monday 6 January 2020

evolution


Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the library, another rashbre book emerges. Cue that John Williams menace music.

This one has evolved from my comparative radio silence during November (NaNoWriMo time).

I just don't know when to stop.

I'm told by the publishers that Coin will be live on 20-Jan-20, which isn't far away now and only competes with the blockbusters of William Gibson's Agency (about the revenge of the Alexas) and Luke Gedde's Heart of Junk (ascerbic life in the Marie Kondo age). I'm guessing the date will drift a little in any case.

Here's part of the back cover blurb for Coin, by Ed Adams (see, it's near the start of the alphabet in searches ;-)

And the evolution of the cover art, thanks to various advisors:
  • "Green text on a green background? You must be crazy!"
  • Chorus of "I like the blue cover, no on second thoughts, the yellow one..."
  • "No, I don't like any of them - what you need is..."
  • Very long pause..."No comment"
  • "You need a different model for the hacker; she looks too [insert word]"
  • "Can you get away with that?"

I'm sure I'll mention it again on this blog. (or maybe it's a plog? (r) (c) Roger Morris)

No comments: