rashbre central: wary of complications

Tuesday 5 November 2019

wary of complications


Complications. Thats what the Apple watch calls it.

Take today.

Suited-and-booted, I was travelling back from Bournemouth when the phone rang about an appointment that I need to change on Friday. Another suit day.

To my watch...Siri "Remind me about Friday."

"What do you want to be reminded about?"

"Things that need to change"

"Ok, added."

Then, homeward bound, another change of direction.

Literally doorstepped, "Could I take the canapés to the Museum?"

Who was I to argue? A speedy pickup and then off to the town. I could almost hear the Goodfellas helicopter.

I reversed into the single track lane by the side door of the museum and we unloaded the canapés from the car. Several bags and plates of home made items.

I don't usually venture as far as this in my car. Bicycle maybe. It's single track back to the Quayside and some of the drivers that use this route regularly will take no prisoners.

That old dodge where they'll pull up alongside and then see who can best extricate themselves without scraping anything.

It's always when I've clocked 100 or more miles and then meet local three mile drivers out in force that I'm extra wary.

MSM/PSL Hazards and all that. Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre/Position, Speed, Look

No comments: