rashbre central: tactical

Saturday 16 November 2019

tactical


Well, I've decided. I looked at the choices on offer but it's a bimodal distribution.

My old MP looked realistic sitting in his green leather armchair, although just a little too comfortable. He did eventually answer my second letter, although I think my content must have got mixed up because the reply was something harmless about supporting the Queen's Speech. And that was after I'd carefully laid out my points, numbered in a proper Civil Service format. You'd think, with the £140,000 he pays for office staff, that he'd get things a bit better organised?
So I have to choose between the blatant lies from Boris or the dither and distracting absurdism from Jeremy. Neither are attractive and both smack of making a decision between the least worst- Again.

I suppose I'm one of the stranded middle. The Liberal Democrats around this way are pretty strong in several of the seats, but not this one (1300 votes). The only way to unseat our comfortable replacement Tory would be to vote tactically. That's what I think I'll do, although even that process is fraught with error, if the tactical vote selector is, say, run by one of the media moguls.

I've taken a look, It appears that our sensible sounding, local, Independent candidate (circa 21,000 votes) is best placed to challenge the Tory (circa 29,000 votes).

No comments: