rashbre central: travails with my bike

Monday 29 April 2019

travails with my bike


I've only recently taken to cycling again, after a prolonged gap. There's that creaky feeling when starting again, during which I wonder how I'd ever managed any longer distances. Then they come along, almost without noticing. This time the meaning of recovery days is slightly more pronounced, with an unexpected slowing in the act of standing up, as various muscles protest at the effort.

I'm reaching a sensible 'Training Stress Score' which illustrates the accumulation of the various efforts, with the shaded blue part of the graph representing fitness, the pink line indicating fatigue and the yellow line indicating form or freshness. Fortunately, the effects of fatigue only seem to last a few hours, so I'll be back on the bike later today.

No comments: