rashbre central: goin' round an' round

Sunday 7 April 2019

goin' round an' round


I've a handful of shares in a well-known high street bank.

One of those tumbleweed letters arrived. It had been on a round-about journey to get to me and wanted to know if I would like to vote in their annual meeting.

The address they still have is my old one. I notified the bank of my change of address more than a year ago, but this letter is from the Bank's Registrar, which I assume is disconnectedly based in a desert somewhere.

Or maybe it is an example of Big Data not connecting dots, or something to do with GDPR?

Easy peasy, I'll logon and change the address.

Wouldthatitweresosimple. Logon failed.

I need to set up a new online account with the Registrar for these errant shares. I attempt to do it and it asks for my postcode. I put in my current one. Not accepted. I try the old one, which goes through and lets me set up the account.

Now to log on and change the address to my current one.

Not allowed. They will need to send me a postal reference number first.

But.

They are sending it to my old address.

Now I know why I need postal re-direction for such a long time after moving house. It means I should be able to cast my vote related to the limited dis-application of pre-emption rights.

No comments: