rashbre central: unit of one marketing

Sunday 3 February 2008

unit of one marketing

toolbox fridge
A sort of marketeers holy grail is to get the right information to land at the right time, so I was slightly suspicious today when I opened a couple of emails to be greeted with pictures of refrigerators. You see, the thing is, yesterday I was out for part of the day at a kitchen appliance showroom, as part of the slow march of redecoration through rashbre central.

Admittedly, it was a first visit, so I was going through the 'education phase' which is when I have explained to me why all of the cooking and general kitchen technologies I am familiar with are no longer applicable because of induction cookers and steam ovens and so forth. Actually, the demonstration of the induction hob was somewhat flawed because it has a pin number before it could be fired up and then the light sensitive controls didn't respond after the turbo setting had been engaged. The fridge had some kind of rain-forest parrot certification and as for the steam oven they wanted to send me to get a demonstration appointment at a manufacturer's showroom. Why am I thinking this sounds expensive?

So today's mails are something of a mystery. I didn't give the showroom my email (not this one anyway) and I haven't been looking things up on the internet. So are these just random mail-shots that now seem more of interest than they would usually, or has some kind of demographic tracking system figured that I might be up for a new cooker because I bought some graphite coloured match-pot paint samples recently?

No comments: