rashbre central: my manic and I

Monday 4 February 2008

my manic and I


Talented singer songwriter Laura Marling has just released a first album and I thought it would be good to feature a little piece here. She's been around since maybe early 2007 and popped up on a few radio shows on XFM and even Radio 1 but I suspect is still largely unknown.

The album comes in a proper collectable box with some intriguing puzzles and artifacts, including a ticket to an upcoming gig. Those that know me know I usually throw the album cases away unless they are really good (I do keep the little pamphlets though). I will certainly keep this one. And the music is something of Suzanne Vega blended with Sandy Denny, with some ghostly, intriguing and sometimes deceptively steely lyrics. About time alt.folk had some new names.
laurasbox
Birds are singing to calm us down.

No comments: