rashbre central: photography

Friday 29 February 2008

photography

blogger2.jpg
A reflective topic thats 'cropped' up few times lately is the 'colourful' one of whether to mess around with photos after they've been captured.

Here's some of us, London bloggers, earlier in the week and upstairs in the Camel and Artichoke, where the topic of illustration did pop up in a couple of conversations. Many proper photographers explain they will try to get the picture framed fully and then not manipulate the final image more than the barest minimum when its published.

I'm not talking about making starlets look less blemished or having different proportions, just generally cleaning or roughing up an image for whatever use.

For me this creates something of a dilemma. I like the idea of taking properly framed pictures, but I'm afraid much of the time they are 'grabs' taken on the fly, with random devices from mobile phones through to SLRs.

So I suppose I'm a bit too digital to be a proper photographer. I seldom post to this blog without a crop, a bit of fake blur, some saturation, a bipping of the contrast and so forth.

I suppose I see it as part of the process, like correcting my speling and tiping.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: