rashbre central: skjornesnow

Friday 9 February 2007

skjornesnow

bensnow1.jpg
I expect I've spelled today's title incorrectly. I was chatting to a couple of folk from Sweden about the UK snow and one (who was in London) said to the other (who was in Stockholm) that the snow was like skjornesnow. I laughed and said that sounds like scornful snow? and they explained they were referencing the area of Sweden that has the least snow. So kind of like Cornish snow, I suppose.

Anyway, today's 5cm (2 inches) of snow is the largest snowfall of the millenium in some areas. The usually accurate single flake that destroys the transport infrastructure seemed to miss and everything seemed to stay working.

It still took me around 15 minutes to scrape it from the car. But by tonight it has all gone, except the nearby snowman, whose head has fallen off.

No comments: