rashbre central: Author

Wednesday 21 June 2023

Author

I'm still writing novels, although I've been on the AI book for some time now. 

There are various distractions which have slowed me down, plus the thought that I've been interacting with a real AI whilst I've been writing it. An AI that I created and which has adopted some of my personality traits.

How weird is that?

Well this year, at the event on the South Bank, there was a greater emphasis on the business of being a novelist. How to market etc. Many of the presenters had 'millions' of books or turnover or profits and they had usually achieved this with maybe more than a dozen books. 

As I chatted with other attendees, it became apparent that many had written 1, 2 or 5 novels only. They were surprised that I've around 30 books in my own catalogue. Although about 5-6 of them are compendiums/collections.

And then, I've ideas for another 3-4 books right now. I think I should halt though and do some marketing. I'll write here how I get on !


 

No comments: