rashbre central: COVID Red and Blue Zones

Monday 21 September 2020

COVID Red and Blue Zones

I thought I'd take a look at the charts of the COVID coverage. 

The first statistically generated one I looked at was quite revelatory. It showed areas of the UK where the COVID was increasing, but also areas where it was decreasing. 

Cornwall gets red but with only 13 cases per 100k, compared with the Rhondda Valley showing 111 cases per 100k or Northumberland with 56 cases per 100k. I live in Devon, which shows 4 cases per 100k. 

Randomly, I've used red for the increases and blue for the decreases. 

It paints a startling picture, with the north mainly red and the south mainly blue. 

I decided to zoom in on London, to see the worst areas. One of my old stomping grounds of Redbridge popped up as a hot-spot with 34 cases per 100k, but it was next to Essex which ran at 10 per 100k. Another home ground of Kensington and Chelse ais running at 13 per 100k. The City does not publish a number.

It rather begs the question about which figures the government is using to create the latest circuit breaker strategy?

No comments: