rashbre central: i taut i taw ipad-keyboard

Sunday 3 February 2019

i taut i taw ipad-keyboard


Instead of a laptop, I took just an iPad when I was away recently. It was part of my experiment with travelling lighter, like using the iPhone as a main camera.

It should be no big deal, but I've written before about the iPad being mainly a "consume" device rather than for "origination". I've used iPads for work and play but usually end up frustrated because it isn't so good for lengthy input.

I took a seldom-used Mini 3, which has the smallest form factor, albeit with the same screen resolution as the prior generation "full size" iPad.

Whilst away, I wanted to be able to enter text and edit it. Not so unreasonable, yet surprisingly difficult when any precision was required. I gave up and instead used the iPad to watch downloaded episodes of Killing Eve.

Enter an inexpensive keyboard. It's a slightly bulky Logitech Canvas reminiscent of something ruggedised that a CIA operative would set up in the middle of a Jason Bourne movie.

However, it does provide typing and screen editing from the keyboard so maybe this will actually work.


No comments: