rashbre central: sparkle

Saturday 5 January 2008

sparkle

Dreamcatcher
I did find Swindon's Magic Roundabout yesterday. I assumed, rightly, that if I just drove to my destination along main roads, I would somehow need to pass throught this strange area.

Yesterday, I described the roundabout as reminiscent of a dreamcatcher, the artifact used by first nation tribes to filter dreams permitting only good to come through. The rest is caught in the web and disappears with the dawn.

So some interesting metaphors flicked through my mind as I passed the adjacent fast food shrines and retail sheds of the area. Was the catcher holding them here, or were there more adventurous ideas held back by the strange forces?

I found myself thinking of the sky, the land, freshness of the air and the sparkle of water as I reached my destination, which suggests either a positive force nearby, or I'm going down with a cough and cold and the codeine has kicked in.
codeine.jpg

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: