rashbre central: bad drive

Wednesday 2 January 2008

bad drive

m3-traffic.jpg
I'll call today the first normal day of 2008, complete with me properly back to work. A slight problem though, in that I became involved in a rather long traffic jam losing around two hours as a consequence of an unexpected motorway closure.

Londoners are used to random commuter problems but today's was particularly severe. When its 'leaves on the line' or 'wrong kind of snow', its easy to be irritated about the situation, but when there's ambulances and fire-engines moving along the hard shoulder it creates a different impression.

I eventually used some local knowledge to sneak off of the motorway at an access point normally used by police. I knew the whereabouts of the exit and sure enough they were encouraging the few of us who knew this route to escape back into the country lanes.

No comments: