rashbre central: Thursday Thirteen (V25)

Thursday 29 June 2006

Thursday Thirteen (V25)

TTgreen2.jpgI'm combining the iTunes lyrics meme with a Thursday Thirteen. The iPod meme is about listing first lines from tracks as played on shuffle.

Those of you that have visited my last.fm will see the type of sounds I listen to, or maybe even have indulged in rashbre radio, which broadcasts 24x7x365 via the last.fm radio player.

I decided instead, to grab a selection of old vinyls and take first lines a la HolyHoses Simon. And Simon is looking for extra comments at the moment... Go on, you know you want to!
biancainvinyl.jpg
So here's my first lines serially from a stack of disinterred thirty three and a thirds, along with assistant Bianca demonstrating the true meaning of vinyl.

1) When the night falls and the silence can be heard I hear you calling my name.
2) Oh come on come on dig my mine, Oh come on come on kiss me all along my spine.
3) Oh the feeling, when you're reeling you step lighly thinking you're number one.
4) The wine it was drunk, the ship it was sunk, the shot it was dead, all the sorrows were drowned.
5) As I did travel all on a journey over the wayside and under a dark moon hanging above a mountain.
6) And if you feel that you cant go on and your wills sinkin low, just believe and you cant go wrong. In the light you will find the road. you will find the road
7) Lime and limpid green, a second scene; a fight between the blue you once knew.
8) Don't you know they're talkin' 'bouta revolution - a whisper.
9) Oo, I bet you're wond'ring how I knew 'bout your plans to make me blue with some other guy that you knew before.
10) Hey can you follow, now that the trace is fainter in the sand try turning your face to the wall.
11)I was the master's best friend he was the only man I knew; its been a tall harvest that he turned us all onto.
12) Out on the wiley, windy moors we'd roll and fall in green; you had a temper, like my jealousy-Too hot, too greedy.
13) Standing on the corner, suitcase in my hand; Jack is in his corset, and Jane is in her vest, and, me, I'm in a rock'n'roll band.

Now some of you know my musical taste is somewhat eclectic, so can anyone name any of the tracks, artists or any other relevant fact?

Add a comment, trackback or a link if you are a Thursday Thirteener!


Tag: ,

No comments: