rashbre central: coast to coast (kinda)

Tuesday 13 June 2006

coast to coast (kinda)

kirkby stephen
Today, after I'd finished in Newcastle, which is very close to to the east coast of England, I had to travel west to Lancashire and to within 3 miles of the west coast.

A small loop the loop to get out of Gateshead and then I was on the way through County Durham, then part of North Yorkshire partly along the route of a very ancient and characteristically straight Roman Road. Next to some very pretty Cumbrian countryside including a picturesque run through the Eden valley and across the back of the Pennines hills, which run north to south in the upper part of England.

My journey was in early evening, there was sunshine and not much traffic on this drive across farmlands, lanes, small villages and past ancient pubs as I traversed the full breadth of England (admittedly at one of the thinnest points).

I arrived at my new destination, refreshed from a great summer evening.

No comments: