rashbre central: Schni-Schna-Schnappi

Sunday 1 May 2005

Schni-Schna-Schnappi

Yesterday I spoke to my friend Nicole from Germany on the phone and at one point she mentioned Schnappi das Krokodil
(Schnappi the Crocodile). It's funny cos recently I've come across Schnappi's name quite a few times when reading German newspapers on the internet but I never knew who he (she?) was. Well, it has turned out that there is a childrens' song about Schnappi which has been on top of the German music charts for several weeks. Apparently, the little crocodile has become quite a media phenomenon. Not in Britain though...

This made me realize that - despite of all the emails, phone calls and online newspapers - I'm slowly losing track of what's going on in everyday life in Germany...

(Via Beans on toast.)

No comments: