rashbre central: opening the pod bay door (again)

Thursday 3 December 2009

opening the pod bay door (again)

backup reminder
A sort of chain reaction has swept through the rashbre central IT infrastructure over the last couple of days. Some might remember that a while ago I had a backup device called a Time Capsule, which suddenly stopped working.
quadraStrangely enough, its just happened again with another one. Both showed the same symptoms.

Nothing working except the little green lights on the back flicker when the mains is plugged in.

It's unusual when the backup device expires more frequently than the device it is supposed to be protecting.

This time I will follow up with the manufacturer, because I am now suspicious that there is a design fault with the power supplies or heat management.

Anyway, I've replaced it again although the act of doing so created more ripples across the technology cosmos than I'd have expected.
\\HAL1
I've had to reboot various gizmos and even the big disk's blue light started flashing angrily.

At least it didn't turn red.

No comments: