rashbre central: FIFA World Cup Germany 2006 Results

Thursday 8 June 2006

FIFA World Cup Germany 2006 Results

worldcup.gif
I thought it would be a useful service to calculate the results of the Official FIFA World Cup Germany 2006. So, sitting at my friend's granite kitchen countertop, I decided to use some rudimentary statistics for this, which have been partly gleaned from the local betting shops.

I then took the average of everyone's odds to work out the order that everyone will be knocked out and who the winners will be. So here's a preview of the England / Brazil final, and due to a small statistical error at the moment it shows Brazil winning.
worldcupresults.jpg
I will fiddle systematically reanalyse my computational error later so that the correct result shows England winning. I suppose this is good value for Germans, though, because in order to become third they will have to play an extra game after they get knocked out in the semi-finals.

No comments: