rashbre central: Robot robbery

Thursday 21 December 2023

Robot robbery


Meh. I had to pay for parking the other day and the machine only took cards. I put in my car registration and then did the pay by card thing but somehow it didn't register. I didn't realise and thought the transaction had gone through.

Wrong. I received the threatening £100 penalty notice ten days later and had to decide whether to contest it. 

Instead I paid the £50 settlement under protest, with a complaint about the machine being faulty. The reply told me I'd admitted liability by paying the £50 and that the machine wasn't the responsibility of the parking company in any case. Hand washing.

They are being allowed to get away with too many swindles. And, no, they are to sorry for any inconvenience. 

1 comment:

Rob said...

Enshitification of parking