rashbre central: now the science

Wednesday 22 July 2020

now the science


I've always suspected Facebook is a law unto itself. Now we are hearing about all the latest allegations about Russian interference with elections/referendums and so on. It's good material for my novel writing but a suspicious way to conduct asymmetric sanctions.

In that context, I have also encountered the censorship from Facebook directly. Once, when I was putting up a post about Archangel, I used that go-to typeface 'Armalite Rifle' for a strapline. And guess what? It was rejected because I might have been trying to disguise something I was saying by using a camouflaged typeface! I solved the problem by making the image a bit more blurry and then the cunningly concealed bullet holes didn't show up.

Another time I was promoting 'The Triangle', which is the first novel I wrote and was recently relaunched with a few story changes, geographical updates and a character modification. On this one, I decided to use the strapline 'Dirty Money: here's how to clean it." For unfathomable reasons, it sloshed around in the Facebook system for ages.

It was just not allowed for release. Then I changed the strap to 'A novel about dirty money and how it gets cleaned.' or something similar and whoosh, it went straight through!

Thank goodness I'll have time to prepare for the launch of 'Now the Science', which isn't due out until mid-November.

Anyway, Why not join in the fun with this couple of FREE eBooks?



or maybe:

No comments: