rashbre central: gloucester traffic

Wednesday 30 October 2019

gloucester traffic


An impressive array of traffic warnings yesterday. I suspected the worst, which would be that all of the alternative routes would also fill up.

Sure enough, I found myself following a sat-nav diversion which took me through Gloucester. I knew it was a bad idea and am not surprised that others took to trains to be regularly replenished with food and drink.

Instead I had that effect where I didn't know where I was and then as each hopeful roundabout approached my cheer was soon dashed by yet another rush hour traffic jam.

I suffered my 90 minute time penalty on what was supposed to be a six and a half hour journey. My final arrival time was around 20:30, some nine hours after I'd set off. A day of the tentacle traffic cone.

No comments: