rashbre central: trains and buses and swimming pools with cocktail bars

Monday 2 July 2018

trains and buses and swimming pools with cocktail bars

Paddington
After taking the Cornish Riviera Express back to London, my route to the airport was via the Paddington Express. I didn't have any luggage; for complicated social engagement reasons it had all been taken on ahead and I'd be re-united with it at the airport.

I've driven to LHR thousands of times, but today I was using the public route, so that we didn't end up with two cars to park around the airport.

Perfectly fine, after a 15 minute train ride to the airport, I came out into the sometimes invisible terminal 2.
The Tunnels of Terminal Two
I navigated the subterranean world of Heathrow to the bus station. I could get a London red bus (in the free Heathrow zone) for the 10 minute ride to the hotel where our other car was parked. I have to admit that this particular end-to-end route was faster than if I'd driven.

Our room had a pretty good view of part of the aircraft taxi-ing area and unsurprisingly the double glazing had around a 15 cm air gap to remove plane noise. Oh yes, and the swimming pool had the essential swim-up cocktail bar.

No comments: