rashbre central: interior scan

Tuesday 23 January 2018

interior scan


We've one of those Tanita scanning scales at home and I use the Boditrax when I'm at the gym. They normally give similar readings (weight, BMI, BMR, etc) and I recently discovered that the Boditrax is really a souped-up version of the Tanita.

The main thing is that they are showing a positive trend, which I reckon to be a combination of factors which I'll summarise by that controversial figure of metabolic age. To be frank, my MA number does wander around somewhat, although I expect there are instructions to measure consistently, which I've somehow managed to ignore.

I only started to look at the figure as a lark, way back when I was feeding data from my cycling back into GarminConnect.

It's all slid a bit sideways since we moved though, mainly because various gadgets have been low priority to get working again. As can also be seen from my low cycling activity levels since we originally hit the road last May.

From over 1,300 miles cycled in the first few months of 2017, down to almost no trips in the latter part of the year. Admittedly the bikes were locked up in storage until September.

And with everything else going on, I still need to sort out various bicycle components (tyres, brakes, lights) and as an ultra faffing-around gesture to create a wifi bridge that can reach to the garage so that I can collect the statistics from bike rides.

The wifi signal will also need a booster, if I want to watch Netflix from the bike turbo.

So I've been on a kind of minimum maintenance programme, although I really need to get cycling again properly. Some would question the need for statistics at all, but personally I find the numbers can act as a spur when I'd otherwise sink into a sofa.

So, time to get things fired up again. And yes, today I was sent one of those NHS quizzes about health and lifestyle. Inevitably it had quite a few suggestions for me.

But hey, anyone can try the 10 minute fitness and lifestyle test. Just click the box on the left.

No comments: