rashbre central: simply sipping soup

Wednesday 4 January 2012

simply sipping soup

soup
My work email has buzzed back into life today. There's been a few days with hardly any traffic and now its back to squeezing in extra meetings tomorrow and re-arranging logistics.

I've also moved the remaining festive decorations back into their store-away boxes and the house has regained its normal composure, although I expect we'll discover a lurking Xmas decoration sometime around Easter.

Some of the resolutions I mentioned are also creaking into life. Alongside the 'less of' ones (which are relatively easy) I've got the more demanding ones around cycling (yet to start this week - gulp) and the 'contact friends' and 'novel writing'.

Strangely enough, the 'contact friends' one has been easy to set going and is surfacing some unexpected good results. We shall see. I've also picked up 'The Square' again and been working out the rest of the plot line.

Now, if I can get out on the bicycle on Friday/Saturday, then I could be on the way to starting all the main actions.

Meantime, I shall enjoy this bowl of soup.

6 comments:

Imaginography said...

It is perfect weather for soup! Strong wind and horizontal rain here!

Good luck with those resolutions :)

Ellie said...

I have had less wine per day - but still too much. I have been more mindful. And I have blogged 4 days in a row. Woohoo! x

OldLady Of The Hills said...

And it is going to be 86 degrees here today...! Winter has come to your part of the world and for a few days we are having Summer, once again....
Happy Soup, my dear....!
And thank you for your sweet words about my dear one....

rashbre said...

Imaginography Yes - soup seems right at the moment. We also have that horizontal rain.

rashbre said...

Ellie I spotted the 4 in a row!

rashbre said...

Naomi Another Californian summer!

So sorry to hear your other news.