rashbre central: jelly baby violence averted

Thursday 5 January 2012

jelly baby violence averted

jelly-babiesOut in the traffic jams around London.

My sat-nav had told me to go North around the M25, and I dutifully followed its instructions. I was in good time for my meeting and even found a new car park that was highly convenient.

As I opened the car door, everything blew around inside like in a comedy sketch. The full force of the wind was making itself felt having been blowing hard through the whole 100 mile journey. Still, I was only a short walk to the office, admittedly via a shop where I could buy the meeting attendees some New Year Jellybabies.

Successful meetings and then the journey back. My sat-nav still telling me to stay away from the M25's Dartford Crossing where the bridge had been closed. That ruled out clockwise on the M25.

Unfortunately, as I and my returning passenger discovered, the anti-clockwise direction was also closed part way around because of an accident. Both directions blocked.

We'd left the Jellybabies in the meeting room, so we couldn't bite off any heads.

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE all those colors of the Jellybabies--if indeed, those are the Jellybabies...!

Ellie said...

Did you sing show tunes to wile away the time?

rashbre said...

Naomi : Yes - they are the real thing. Proper Basset's Jellybabies.
Ellie : I seem to have lost my original replies to these comments - we didn't manage to sing any show tunes but were rather more chatting and taking phone calls.