rashbre central: something for desert?

Sunday 3 July 2011

something for desert?

desert trails
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night


That Eagles' song has been riffling through my brain over the last day or so, now we've found a large map of the deserts west of L.A.

It was on a road trip that I discovered the album cover for Hotel California is the Beverley Hills Hotel in Hollywood. Although in my mind I transfer it's geography to Furnace Creek in Death Valley.

And now I'm thinking it's time to hit another dusty road.

I checked with the airline yesterday and have decided to drop into the middle of Arizona.

But not for a few more days.
hotel-california

2 comments:

Pat said...

How super! Say Hi to Charlie and Angry Parsnip - both in Arizona.
I believe the monsoons have started.

Imaginography said...

Sounds like a fantastic adventure ahead of you. How exciting!