rashbre central: wired for pedals

Wednesday 28 July 2010

wired for pedals

London Cycle Hire
The new little key thingy for the London Cycle Hire scheme arrived today. Its another radio frequency device that needs to be touched to the new bike stands to release the bikes.

We've all seen the stands being added around London, but its a few days before the bikes turn up. It should be an interesting experience to see how well this works and whether it adds to the bike-friendliness of London.

I've already checked the map for the nearest stands, but the map adds mysteriously that they may not all be shown. I've added the dongle to my keyring, and worked out that including car keys, I have six microprocessor based systems on my key ring now, plus an oyster card and my separate office access card.

Well wired or well weird?

No comments: