rashbre central: a pannier of mail arrives

Thursday 20 August 2009

a pannier of mail arrives

bike
Our postman, Colin, turned up today with the mail which wasn't delivered whilst we were on vacation.

I knew it was a couple of days late arriving, but I'd talked to him once before about what happens when someone puts the mail on hold with that special service.

In our case, the domestic mail after a couple of weeks is several kilos, so he prefers to deliver it when he has his bike with the panniers.

It was fine by me and I'd already got a mental note that if it didn't arrive by sort of today, then I'd swing by the sorting office.

Indeed, it was around half a metre high and I could fully understand the pragmatics of his approach. Needless to say, once stripped of envelopes and the general marketing blurbs, it soon reduced to a rather more manageable quantity.

No comments: