rashbre central: vivienne westwood

Tuesday 17 June 2008

vivienne westwood

Vivienne Westwood
A few minutes to spare today, as I passed the Vivienne Westwood exhibition, so I thought I'd stop in for a look. As I arrived, I was the only visitor, although by the time I left it was getting busy.

Westwood designed the emblematic punk rock era clothes, but as one looks at this extensive collection, it is evident that it takes real effort and design to look so casual.
active resistance
active resistance
There's layering and tailoring from the most raggedy punk anarchist clothing to the well behaved and highly tailored love jacket of her later work. Fascinating to step through the eras of Pirates and Protestors, through Regency and Victorian tailoring ideas all the time evident that this is the work of a thoughtful seditionary.

No comments: