rashbre central: moonage daydream

Monday 30 January 2006

moonage daydream

8cups
Terry, Steve and John had decided to find a bar. Normally, I would join them - we each know too much about each other - but on this occasion I couldn't. Colin became their fourth accomplice and I headed elsewhere. Didn't think more of it until around 1:30am, when I had a bizarre momentary flash of Terry reading tarot.

Next day, I run into Steve and Terry and mention the moment. Turns out they'd met a woman with cards and Steve had paid her ten euros for a reading. They were going to read Colin, but he didn't want to. So they picked John. The woman was drunk and was mainly making up anything. Terry knew something about it and explained a key card selected and its description.

They told me the story, but not the card. Later I speculated and checked with Terry in an email : eight of cups. It was.

So:

1) How did I get the flash that this was happening?
2) Who was the drunk woman actually reading? the person who paid or the person selected?
3) How did I get the card right without knowing it, or anything about Tarot? There's lots of cards in a full deck?
4) Turns out another key card was 'the moon', so what does it all mean?
5) Harmless entertainment, or what?

Tag: ,

No comments: