rashbre central: staying away from the key lime pie

Saturday 25 February 2012

staying away from the key lime pie


The last 2-3 days I've been quite busy with work and some of it has spilled across into Saturday. Actually, there were some things I needed to do yesterday evening as well, although I'd set myself 8p.m. as the cutoff point.

Alongside it all I'm still keeping to my cycling plans and managing to hit the targets I've set. When I started I wanted the majority of the targets to be achievable, so I might have set a few of them too low, although truthfully in the first week of my plans I wondered if I'd be able to keep to it.

There's a mixture of factors affecting the weekly outcomes which include whether I'm at home, access to a functioning bike, whether I've got other tasks piled up and so on. I've realised that there can always be reasons why I can't do something, but its probably better to cultivate the positive mind set. After all, except when its slippery I do enjoy the cycling.

So, just for fun, here's a few of my recent completed goals, which get tracked by the little gadget on my bike.
garmin connect goals extract
I'm partly putting them here so that I can look back in a few months to see whether there is any difference, which could be to do with the weather, my workload or any manner of things.

If I look at the goals critically, I can see I should probably crank a few numbers north, but at the moment I think I'll stick with my overachieving.

And no, I didn't eat the cream cake at the top of the post. Although I know someone who did.

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It seems to me you are doing great! I only know "miles", but still---I would think any and all movement makes a difference.

Imaginography said...

Way to go. I think you're wise not to crank the goals up - at the moment they are achievable and doing more is a bonus that makes you feel good. If you crank them up there is a risk that they may become difficult to achieve and you don;t want a chore on your hands when you enjoy it. Of course, I'm singing to the choir :)

rashbre said...

Naomi and Imaginography Thanks - and yes the feel good factor definitely helps. 22 miles today (Sunday) and its is getting quite sunny.