rashbre central: freeloading

Saturday 30 September 2006

freeloading


Julie extorted another ticket for me to see Will Young in Brighton yesterday evening - with the demand that I grabbed a few more moments from the show. I managed to meet Andrea, Fiona and the fellah with Fiona who wasn't Fiona's fellah, before the gig started. As they all walked off to their front-row seats, I had to make my way to a solitary confinement area, because of my different ticket.

Let's just say the ticket meant I had to be by myself for the entire evening, but on the other hand, I seem to have picked up some useful supplementary video. It seems weird that this was recorded onto a little phone memory card, but it seems to have come out okay. I've fiddled with the sound a little bit to boost the voice and the edits are here, here and here.

General consensus after the show - excellent. Great singing, slick dance numbers, polished and versatile band of real musicians. Its good to see someone cutting their own path through medialand. And Friday evening was a top performance.

If Sony BMG made a proper DVD instead of posturing, I'm sure it would walk off the shelves.

If you enjoy the videos, please leave a comment.



UPDATE: I've noticed quite a few people (several hundred!) accessing this entry. Don't forget:

1) more Brighton on Christina's
2) 15 minute video
3) Newcastle clips

No comments: