rashbre central: Cyber

Thursday 10 October 2024

Cyber


Tesla have previewed the cybercab. One has to separate the technology from the personality histrionics of its chief advocate. I'm pretty sure it will work though. My own Level 2 car with its Full Self Driving is pretty cool. It does all the stuff that my old Merc did - intelligent cruise control, speed limit adherence, self parking, and so on. 

I realise it's more about my confidence to let it get on with the driving now. I'm still nervous when it's reverse parking in a close space, say to back up to a charger point. Or that it can do a kind of controlled overtaking where it puts a blue box onto the diagram of where it intends to position during the manouevre. 

It begs a question though. The cybercab is doing all of this in a form-factor hardly any different from a regular car. But then something like Waymo takes a Jaguar and adds enough gadgetry to make it a candidate for a robo-cop movie.


I guess I'd be more cautious around a tricked out iPace.

No comments: