rashbre central: Mer means Meh.

Tuesday 24 September 2024

Mer means Meh.

I've driven about 25,000 miles in my electric car now. It charges swiftly and has lost 1% of its original capacity in around 2 years. 

That's from 336 to 328 miles for a full charge. I cannot say enough about how good the Superchargers are, compared with many of the other offerings. Fast, simple, reliable, hassle-free.

Last week I was in Ventnor, and tried the central car park EV chargers. The first two were out of order (Mer). The next two said they worked but would not accept credit cards. 

I tried the Mer App instead; it didn't work about half a dozen times (Definition of insanity springs to mind). I went to another street recharger (also Mer). Guess what ? it was a different style of unit but also didn't work. I note that these have all been installed with Isle of Wight funding, so there a reasonable follow-up for someone. 

 Meh. 

 I did finally recharge in a friendly hotel, enough for my 130 mile homeward journey, part of the way by ship.

No comments: